Triasima Portfolio Management is pleased to announce that it is now a signatory to the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
Established in 2006 under then UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan, the PRI initiative now includes the signatures of more than 2,000 asset owners and investment managers worldwide, representing over $80 trillion in assets under management. The PRI initiative consist of six principles, which each signatory undertakes to honour in its business practices:
- Incorporate environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) factors into our investment analysis and decision-making processes
- Be an active owner and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
Triasima’s President and Senior Partner, Mathieu Tanguay, said: “By joining the PRI, we formalize our responsible investment practices. ESG criteria have long been an integral part of our investment process, within our fundamental pillar. By joining the PRI, we are now taking this integration to a new level, placing it within an official, internationally recognized framework.”
In addition to PRI, Triasima Portfolio Management is also a signatory, along with approximately 30 other institutional investors, of the Declaration of Financial Risks Related to Climate Change.
For more information on PRI, visit www.unpri.org
For more details on Triasima’s responsible investment policy, visit: https://triasima.com/sustainable-investment-policy
Back to news